Enrollment FAQ

Enrollment FAQ

Do I live in the Farmington School District? Which school’s attendance area do I live in?

You can find out if you live in the Farmington School District and which school’s attendance area your address fall in using this interactive map or by calling the District census line at (651) 463-5052.

Can my child attend Farmington Area Public Schools if we don’t live in the district?

If you live in the state of Minnesota you may choose to open enroll into Farmington Area Public Schools, even if you live in another district. To open enroll into Farmington Area Public Schools please complete the Open Enrollment Form and return to the Superintendent’s Office by January 15.

Can my child attend a Farmington school other than the one they are assigned?

If you live in the Farmington School District but not in the attendance area of the school you would like your child to attend, you may apply for an in-district transfer. In-district transfer requests submitted by January 15 are entered into a lottery. In-district transfer requests received after January 15 are filled in the order they are received as long as space is available.  

Does Farmington Area Public Schools offer full day Kindergarten?

Yes, Farmington Area Public Schools offers full day Kindergarten across the district. Please visit our Kindergarten Program page to learn more.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved.