Information and Web Sites for Special Education

Parent Advocacy Sites

Family & Advocate Partnership for Education (FAPE)
Wrights Law
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
PACER Center
MN Disabilities Law Center
ARC Minnesota

MN Department of Education Special Education Compliance & Monitoring


Council of Exceptional Children
Awesome Library
Gymnastics-Adapted Registration
Special Olympics
Special Education Resources on the Internet
Internet Resources for Special Children
National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities 

10 Topics to Help Your Child Succeed in Special Education-PACER Center - Retail Savings Guide for People with Disabilities:

Minnesota Department of Education

Home Page


Autism Society of Minnesota
Autism Research Institute
Center for the Study of Autism
Autism/PDD Network

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

Children and Adults with ADHD

Cerebral Palsy

Cerebral Palsy Guide
Cerebral Palsy Guidance 
Cerebral Palsy Group - Online Information & Support 

College Guides

College Guide for Deaf and Hard of Hearing

College Guide for Students with Visual Impairments 

College Guide for Students with Physical Disabilities

College Guide for Students with Learning Disabilities

College Guide for Students with Psychiatric Disabilities

Deaf/Hard of Hearing

American Speech-Language-Hearing Association

Developmental Cognitive Disability 

American Association of Mental Retardation
CEC Division of Developmental Disabilities
CEC Division of Career Development & Transition

Down Syndrome

Gigi's Playhouse

Early Childhood Special Education 

Minnesota Help Me Grow -
Help Me Grow is an interagency initiative of the State of Minnesota (Departments of Education, Health and Human Services) partnering with local service agencies to provide resources about the development of young children for parents and professionals. These resources include information on developmental milestones, YouTube videos, caregiver strategies to support development, screening and evaluation,  how to talk about developmental concerns. The website also includes a link to refer a child for intervention services if there are developmental concerns.

Emotional/Behavioral Disorders 

National Mental Health & Education Center
Council for Exceptional Children (EBD)
Behavior and Learning Disabilities

Learning Disabilities 

LD Online
Learning Disabilities Association of America


American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Center for Speech and Language Disorders
Speech & Communication Special Needs of Children

U of MN Extension family resources online

Partnering for School Success
Overindulgence (parents):
Families with Teens (professionals):
Families with Teens (parents): Forever (for separated/divorced parents):