Resources for Students & Families

Below are resources to assist families and students while schools are closed. 

Updated June 8, 2020

Food Resources
Health Resources  
Technology Resources

Food Resources

Meals for Students

-- Grab-and-go meals are available to all Farmington Area Public Schools students on week days through June 30, 2020. Meals will be available at Akin Road Elementary (5231 195th St. W., Farmington, MN 55024) and Farmington Elementary (500 Maple St., Farmington, MN 55024 ) between the hours of 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. If you have questions, concerns or need accommodations please contact Chartwells, our Food Service provider, at (651)463-5025 or

If you or someone you know is in need of food assistance now or at any time during the summer, Hunger Solutions can help connect you with free resources in your community. 

Health Resources 

Talking to your child about COVID-19
-- PBS Kids: How to talk to your kids about coronavirus 
-- Coronavirus BrainPOP Video
-- The Yucky Bug by Julia Cook (Video)
-- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource from the National Association of School Psychologists 

Technology Resources

Summer iPad Help can be found here. 

WiFi signals have been expanded to cover the parking lots at all Dakota County Library locations. Use of computers and other resources are available by appointment through Dakota County Libraries. 

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.